Hey, friend! I'm Allie.
I'm wife to Brian (we met in seventh grade algebra class) and mama to our four kids.
I help overwhelmed moms clear the clutter in their homes, calendars, brains, and lives so they can take a deep breath and find joy in the mundane. This site is a place to find clarity in your role as mom.
In this space you'll find a sea of motivation, fresh inspiration, and unique tricks to transform your mom life from cluttered to crystal clear and thriving.
Who I can help:
- The overwhelmed mom who feels like every day she barely makes it through. I am here for her because I used to be her, and I found a secret- a way out of survival mode and desperation once and for all.
- The mom who feels like all she does is clean up, so much so that she isn't really enjoying her family.
- The mom who feels like life is happening to her. Like there's a major lack of control, and it's not a healthy one.
- The mom who feels like she never has enough time in the day to accomplish what she needs to.
Who I cannot help:
- The person who shows up to my blog just to leave a comment like, "u r stupid". I am all about positivity, abundant living, and intentional days here.
- The person who doesn't want to do work, but rather, is looking for a magic wand to fix all her problems. My stuff won't work unless YOU do.
- The person who has a generally bad attitude about everything.
- The person who doesn't like being told what to do in order to change the way their life is going. If you have pride issues, I may not be the best person for you to learn from.
Some topics I write about:
- Minimalism for moms (read: REALISTIC minimalism that actually helps you free yourself up and doesn't have you counting everything you own)
- Intentional, simplified living
- Life management
- + it's all weaved together with faith and a little bit of sarcasm
You can check out my blog archives here.
If you're new here, you'll wanna check out my most popular posts to get a feel for who I am and what I'm all about.
I've been featured on popular websites like The Huffington Post, Scary Mommy, and Family Share, and have even been featured on several news networks, including Good Morning America.
People are picking up what I'm laying down because it works, it's simpler, it's freeing, and I love that.
I've been writing here for over six years, and my site was previously known as The Purposeful Housewife, so you may have been confused when you first got here. I have spent the last year or so coaching other mamas in living with purpose and intention in their homes.
I spent the first four years of my motherhood completely miserable, to be honest. I was overwhelmed, overworked, battling a heavy depression, and just barely scraping by in life. I was stuck in survival mode and there seemed to be no way out. When I began to simplify and remove the unnecessary things that were taking up all my time, I discovered a light at the end of the tunnel.
Everything got lighter, simpler, better. I finally shook my depression and it never came back. I had more free time, I was actually enjoying and playing with my kids, I was happier, I was fulfilled, I was able to serve my family and be the best version of myself. Now I spend my free time helping my fellow women get to that same place in their lives.
I'm mildly obsessed with cats and I drink coffee like water (you probably think I'm kidding. Think again.)
When I'm not chasing down kids, managing my business, and watching I Love Lucy reruns, I'm at the gym trying to force myself to like running. I don't think it's gonna happen...
If you'd like to connect with me further, join my fantastic Facebook group, where I spend a little time chatting about intentional living each week via Facebook Live. I also send awesome emails that'll have you heck yes-ing to yourself, and I'm all up in that social media world too. Click the icons below!
FUN FACTS about allie
- Allie loves cheeseburgers. Like, would eat them every meal of the day for forever. No doubts about it.
- Allie rode an elephant when she was six years old. It was awesome.
- She is basically blind, and wears contacts/glasses.
- Allie's pet peeve is when people hang an air freshener in their car and keep the paper halfway on. Also anytime her husband chews...
- Her favorite animal? Cats. She has plans to own about seventeen of them when her kids leave the house...
- Allie drinks her coffee black.
- She doesn't really like movies and rarely watches them. She's a Netflix show kinda girl.
- Allie has 3 boys, so you'll occasionally hear her say things like "I totally pulled that out of my butt" instead of something normal like "it just came to me!"
- She's a hardcore introvert.
- Her favorite TV shows are: I Love Lucy, The Office, Friends, and Parks + Rec.
- Allie's favorite thing to do after a hard day is buy a Starbucks tea, put headphones in, listen to a podcast, and browse Target's aisle. Super minimalist of her, right? (let the record show she usually doesn't buy anything...)
- One area Allie is definitely not a minimalist? Nail polish and lipsticks.
- She loves getting dressed and piecing outfits together. When it's date night, Allie will stand in her closet and feel like a kid in a candy shop picking out what she's going to wear to dinner.
- Allie's pet name for her hubby Brian is The Love Bug. Aww...
- Her third-born child weighed eleven pounds at birth (c-section, don't worry). No diabetes or anything, just a giant baby boy. They called in student doctors to look at him, much to Allie's annoyance.
Take a freebie!
Let me help you tackle the two biggest time-suckers in your mom life: laundry + dishes.
This guide will help you knock it out.