If the mundane tasks of your mom life have completely taken over, if you're overwhelmed, if you feel like life is passing you by while you catch up on the laundry, you're in survival mode. And mama, listen to me... it doesn't have to be this way!
I know where you're at, friend. I've been there before too.
You're ready to overcome the overwhelm in your life, to stop letting your stuff own you, and to start actually enjoying your family.
Imagine with me for a second...
Imagine walking into your kitchen, knowing where everything is, and actually feeling like you want to spend time in there cooking a nice meal for your family.
Imagine always feeling ready for company to drop by.
Here's the thing - organizing all your stuff isn't ever going to end, and it's not the answer to the motherhood you want.
When you remove the clutter - all the extra things you think you need or have always had - your home automatically becomes an intentional, clean, uncluttered space where you can focus on what matters most.
Let me help you get there.
Stop cleaning up after your life + start living it.
One-on-one, personalized coaching that will get your home and your life completely uncluttered once and for all.
When my first child, Bella was born, I suffered from severe postpartum depression. It got so bad that it felt like there was a physical weight on me, I had the hardest time getting out of bed, and it ended up being heavy enough to erase my memories of Bella’s first year. When I think back on that time, it’s like a black hole - there’s nothing there. When I look at photos of myself during that time, it’s so weird because I just don’t remember being there.
I got better after about a year or so, but since then I’ve dipped in and out of depression as it pertained to my situation. What I mean by that is, when life got hard, it was almost as if getting depressed was my new default. I would shut down. We had our next two babies without any bouts with postpartum depression, but situational depression continued to have a hold on me as I was raising my kids.
I just felt like I was always cleaning up, like the purpose of my motherhood was clouded by the maintenance part of my role as a mom. My day was spent changing diapers (I had three kids age three and under, so that took up a lot of my time), washing endless piles of dishes, folding mountains of laundry, constantly trying to keep my house just somewhat picked up, as the kids ripped through like a mess tornado behind me. I did all I could to press pause and enjoy my kids during that hectic time, but it felt forced, and every time I spent time with my family or went to do something fun, I paid for it the next day with even more housework on my to do list. I couldn’t keep up. I was on a fast-moving treadmill that I hated. Is this really what being a mom was all about?
I had this day - this horrible, awful day - where I was emotional, and stressed out, and my toddler was throwing tantrums left and right, the baby was nursing every thirty minutes, my house smelled like a garbage truck and I couldn’t find the time to clean it, my husband was working ninety hours a week just to pay the bills (we lived in an unnecessarily huge house in Southern California), and I just didn’t know what the point was anymore. I ended up locking myself in my bathroom, sitting on the floor, and just crying out to God. “Is this really what you want for me? Is this really it? I hate this and I can’t keep up! There’s no way THIS is how You want me to live my motherhood.”
As I sat there and cried, I felt God turn my attention to what was taking up the bulk of my time. “Cleaning, of course” I said. “Cleaning what?” I felt Him urge me. I realized in one quick, life-changing second that I was always cleaning up STUFF. It was a life of picking up, and I’m not sure it was even stuff we needed! This lightning bolt idea hit me hard, and I immediately got up and went downstairs to the playroom.
This room was full of colorful toy bins and boxes, and those bins and boxes were stuffed with toys. It was all I could do just to keep this room from bringing CPS to our door! It was always messy. I would spend hours cleaning it, rearranging the toys, making it organized again, and my kids would come in and tear it apart in two minutes.
I sat down and worked through each bin and every box, making piles of what was really a great toy that my kids loved and played with often, and what was just taking up space or useless. I had the thought that if my kids were going to have a minimal amount of toys and only play with some of them, they should be the ones that inspire them to use their imaginations, not the loud annoying toys that light up and do the playing for them. What I ended up with was a very late night, lots of coffee, and an empty playroom.
I kept only the constructive play toys (trains and tracks, wooden blocks) and imaginative toys (my daughter’s baby doll and dress up clothes). It all fit in a few small bins, and everything else got bagged up and taken to the local donation center that week.
What happened next is what led me here, to writing this course and inspiring you to make this same change in your life. Everything got better!
All of a sudden my kids weren’t wandering into the playroom, only to come out after five minutes whining of boredom. They were going in there and actually playing! For hours!
I noticed I had so much more free time! I wasn’t spending the bulk of my week picking up toys, so I was able to better manage the rest of the house. At this point I still felt overwhelmed by the piles of laundry and dishes, but I definitely had more time to tackle those things because the kids were busy playing and I wasn’t having to maintain the playroom.
I noticed my kids’ relationships with each other started getting better. They were playing together, creating imaginary scenarios in the backyard together, and getting along!
I was loving how this one simple change was transforming our kids and our home life, so I decided to keep it going.
I thought about the things that took up most of my time (dishes and laundry) and decided to get in there and purge like I did the toys. I got rid of all the extra dishes aside from our main set (just enough for our family and a couple guests), and donated all the clothes my kids and I owned that didn’t fit, were stained or damaged at all, or just weren’t my favorite. At this point my husband, Brian wasn’t on board with me de-cluttering his stuff, so I stuck to what belonged to me and the kids.
All of a sudden I didn’t have to do a load of laundry every day, and I wasn’t spending hours standing at the kitchen sink either. Now I was experiencing so much free time, that I was finally able to play with my kids and enjoy them! We took up daily walks to the park, we went on little hikes, I sat in the backyard with them while they played, I started blogging more and following my dream, my marriage even improved because I wasn’t such a stressed out basket case anymore.
Once the house was under control, I started figuring out that what I was doing was already a thing, and was called minimalism. I implemented its philosophy into other areas of our family life too, like the kids’ tech time. The less TV they watched, the better they got along and the more they played outside. I was watching their imaginations blossom, their relationships grow even closer, and I started to notice this lifestyle was causing them to grow up different than their friends around them. It was like they were growing up with a vintage childhood instead of a modern, tech-obsessed one, and I loved that.
Listen to me friend. I know things are so overwhelming right now, and I know how you feel. It doesn't have to be this way for one more day.
You can take a deep breath, dust yourself off, and move forward in action. You can live free, focused, and intentionally, no matter how chaotic things are at home right now.
Coaching Program Details
When you hire me as your coach, I tailor your experience to fit your unique situation. Wherever you're at, I meet you there and help you move forward. Our main focus will be purging your home and getting it set up so that it isn't taking up the bulk of your time. You will leave my program feeling refreshed, intentional, and like you have your life and your time back.
Some things we discuss will include...
- We'll talk about WHY you want and need to get uncluttered.
- I'll help you build an unshakable foundation that will help you make this hard change in your life.
- You will KNOW what you need to do and why you are doing it.
Your Jump Start
- When you're this overwhelmed, you just need to START.
- I'll take you from wondering how to tackle such a big project to fluidly hacking away at the chaos very quickly.
- I'll give you some simple, actionable tips for clearing the surface messes in your home so you can feel better about your space.
- De-cluttering is a snowball effect, so by jump starting you, I will have you motivated to move forward and dive into the real mess.
- I'll help you identify and connect with the emotional ties you have with your stuff, and why you allowed it to take you over.
- I will graciously motivate you to deal with your heart in this issue, and we will purge your emotions just like we purge your home.
- I will show you how to deal with sentimental items you're holding onto but don't know what to do with.
- This is the heart of our time together.
- I'll walk you through the clutter in the main rooms of your home, showing you some basic methods to simplifying, purging, and getting out from under the stress and the mess.
- I will give you some effective, key things you can do to de-clutter any space at any time for the rest of your life.
- You will have no excuse to remain cluttered. We will cover everything!
- You'll take what I teach you and the new things I show you and implement them in your home, your mentality, and your life.
- You'll work through your emotions and your attachment to certain items that are holding you back.
- We'll talk about how you can continue your new lifestyle moving forward, so you never get back to the way things were.
Your New Life
- If you implement what I teach you, you will know what it feels like to be ready for company to drop by without warning.
- You'll have so much freedom in your life, because you will no longer be owned by your stuff!
- You'll have the availability to actually enjoy your family, and not be sucked into the time warp of constant housework.
- Your cleaning and laundry will be incredibly minimal - this is probably the best perk of all ;)
How the Program Works
Once you become a client, we begin a 3-week program together that will help you outline your journey to simplified living - the exact same journey that got me out of overwhelm in my own life four years ago.
Each week, we have a one-on-one call during which I teach you the specifics of making this happen in your home.
- A 30-minute complementary discovery call
- Three 45-minute one-on-one sessions (Skype or phone call)
- Q&A at each session for you to let me know what you're struggling with
- Action lists to keep you on track between sessions
- Email support for those days where you have a question or need a little extra guidance
Why Work with Me?
- If you want a clear, actionable path to tackling the overwhelming clutter in your home, let's talk! De-cluttering your entire house is a ton of work, and it's exhausting, but the end goal is more than worth it, and I promise to keep it simple. I'll never over-complicate the process!
- I'm not afraid to talk about the hard stuff. De-cluttering can get very emotional, and I'm both aware of and prepared for that. We'll work it out together, and I'll never make you feel like you need to get rid of something that isn't healthy for your heart to let go of.
- I'm a pretty perfect balance of kick-you-in-the-butt and gracious guidance. I'll get to know you and learn what it is you need and when throughout our time together. If you're slacking and need me to give you a little tough love, I'm your girl. If you're genuinely struggling with some hard stuff on this journey and need gentle nudging, I can do that too.
- I truly care. Helping other women overcome the overwhelm in their lives is my passion. I love what I do and I love to see the success of my clients.
"I was so overwhelmed with where to start. I had so much stuff and no space; my office got disorganized everyday. I felt the office closet was organized, but it was so full of stuff. Allie's teaching came to the rescue. She showed me how to get rid of papers I was saving for some reason or another. Within the first 30 minutes I got into the system she was teaching me.
Not only am I so very happy with everything I feel like I was freed up from this ball and chain around my neck.
The room looks amazing and beyond organized! I have a starting place not only my office but a new found love for getting rid of stuff that has weighed me down in so many ways. I am so pleased with what I learned that I immediately started working in other rooms!"
- Reneá Broderick, work-at-home business owner in California
What you invest in yourself
Very limited spots available
Love from My Clients
"I had been feeling overwhelmed with all the STUFF in our home. I was always having to clean and pick up various toys/clothes/items and not feel able to play with my kids. Allie helped me narrow down specific areas where I could clear out and gave me strategies, making our home once again a place of peace and not a place of constant chaos….and tripping."
- Jona, mom of two in Arizona
"I’m not sure where I’d be in my motherhood without Allie. She’s taught me so much more than just minimalism. My heart has changed and my outlook on life is so much brighter. I pray more, I spend more time on myself, I laugh more, I’m more present with my kids, I have energy left over at the end of the day. My husband gets the wife that he deserves, not just whatever is left over."
- Samantha, mom of three in Texas
“Since purging our toys, we have seen so many benefits! Now my daughter will play hours on end with less toys, without any whining or complaining. I am amazed seeing her creativity and imagination bloom, in ways we hadn't seen before. So thankful for Allie's teachings showing us the way!” -Nicole Duncan, stay-at-home mom of one
“Allie's teachings provided that "Aha!" moment that motivated me to do an immediate purging of the playroom. The weight that has been lifted from both my kids and me has been life-changing! Not only do we not have any of the dreaded day-long battles of trying to get the room cleaned, but they discovered that they have so much more freedom to play and create what they want when they have less stuff to get in the way.” -Liz Hortega, stay-at-home mom of three
“Since purging the kids' toys I have seen attitude changes in addition to more space in my living room. The kids play nicer together, use their imaginations and don't spend hours a day cleaning up. It has helped us function more as a loving family!”
-Sami Wool, mom of three