I recently had a chat with Andrea Crowder on The Purpose Show, and let me tell you, her story is the kind you need to hear, especially if you’re juggling kids, work, and all that life throws at you, wondering if there’s a light at the end of the laundry pile.
Andrea didn’t exactly start off with the odds in her favor. Transitioning from a complex childhood into becoming a teen mom, Andrea’s early life threw curveballs that would either set you back or propel you forward. For her, it was the latter. Embracing motherhood under less-than-ideal circumstances, she faced a pivotal moment—one that many of us can relate to, albeit in different contexts. It was a promise made in the dead of night, a commitment to her son that she would evolve into a person worthy of admiration.
Fast-forward through a decade-plus of intentional choices, Andrea’s journey wasn’t a meteoric rise to success. Instead, it was a calculated, sometimes painstakingly slow, process of growth, learning, and self-discovery. Her guiding principle? A simple yet profound question: “Will I be glad to have done this?”
This isn’t about short-term gratification. It’s about looking ahead and making choices that you won’t regret when you’re old and grey, reflecting on your life.
Andrea champions living a life where pleasure outweighs the pressure—a philosophy that’s especially relevant for us moms. It’s about making life choices that bring us joy and fulfillment, not just ticking boxes or meeting societal expectations.
Key Takeaways for Busy Moms:
1. The Guiding Question: Andrea lives by a simple yet profound question: “Will I be glad to have done this?” This isn’t just about instant gratification but about making decisions that our future selves will thank us for.
2. Healing and Wholeness: She emphasizes the importance of healing old wounds and reclaiming lost parts of ourselves. Through her spiritual awakenings and practical steps like Rapid Resolution Therapy (RRT), Andrea demonstrates that it’s possible to emerge stronger and more integrated.
3. Decision-Making in Business and Life: For Andrea, clarity in decision-making has transformed her business and personal life. She’s learned to say “no” to what doesn’t serve her and focus on actions that bring genuine value.
4. The Power of Intuition: A recent vow to give up alcohol after a middle-of-the-night epiphany showcases Andrea’s commitment to listening to her intuition. It’s a reminder for us to trust our inner voice, even when it goes against the grain.
Practical Steps for Moms:
- Reflect Before Reacting: Next time you’re faced with a decision, big or small, ask yourself, “Will I be glad to have done this?” Let that guide your choice.
- Heal Your Past: Identify any old wounds or traumas that might be holding you back. Consider therapy, journaling, or meditation as tools for healing.
- Prioritize Pleasure: Make a list of activities that bring you joy. Try to incorporate at least one into your daily routine, no matter how small.
- Trust Your Gut: When intuition speaks, listen. It might be telling you to let go of something or to pursue a new path.
If Andrea’s message resonates with you and you’re looking for a starting point, her Regulate program might be just what you need. It’s designed to reduce stress and increase clarity, energy, and joy—a perfect fit for any mom looking to find balance in the beautiful chaos of life.